Mission, Vision and Values
Adopted by the Region 10 Board of Directors on August 8, 2013.
Promoting opportunities for Recovery, Discovery, Health and Independence for individuals receiving services through ease of access, high quality of care and best value.
To actualize its Mission, the Region that includes Genesee, Lapeer, Sanilac and St. Clair counties embraces the following Vision Statements:
- Foster an improved quality of life for the individuals and families we serve by facilitating equal access to superior, integrated, trauma-informed supports and services, designed to promote choice and responsibility which are tailored to the strengths and needs of each individual.
- Provide hope, by recognizing and respecting each individual's unique self and their choices in pursuit of their life goals.
- Promote efforts to reduce stigma by empowering families and communities to learn, support, respect, and advocate for individuals recovering from behavioral health including substance use disorders and physical health challenges.
- Utilize innovative, evidence based, person-centered practices that provide positive outcomes and a high quality of life that includes integration and involvement in one's community. Effectively plan, evaluate and monitor a flexible system which is fiscally accountable.
- Demand a high standard of excellence in the management and delivery of services. Support a network which includes experiential, knowledgeable and dedicated and caring staff promoting synergy among stakeholders by embracing collaborative efforts.
- Maintain the community partnerships and relationships established long ago and recognize how those partnerships serve the community at large.
To achieve our Mission and Vision we embrace the following values:
- Treat all people with dignity, respect, fairness, and equality with an expectation of growth, development, recovery and discovery.
- Be sensitive to the diverse cultural, ethnic and spiritual needs of the individuals we serve.
- Provide person-centered and personalized services that ensure seamless coordination of care.
- Communicate clearly and concisely in the language of the individuals we serve.
- Innovatively and creatively develop better methods of supporting and serving individuals.
- Be responsible stewards, practicing both fiscal and performance accountability to all stakeholders.
- Develop partnerships with and among all stakeholders.
- Encourage teamwork and participation among everyone affiliated with the agency, recognizing that creative insight into improving how we serve and support people may originate at any level, both within and without the agency.
- Embrace continuous improvement, monitoring, and when necessary modifying policies, procedures and practices.
- Create and maintain a healthy, safe and productive work environment that promotes effective communication, advances innovation and rewards exemplary performance.